Monday, October 10, 2011

Old inspirations

I was flicking through one of my old books The Art of the Lord Of The Rings and I came across the artwork for the horses on the river. I remember loving that part of the film when it came out and feeling inspired.  It reminds me of the old Guinness ad which was pretty epic at the time, I think it is called "surfer". Looking back I was slightly disappointed, I thought the horses were more integrated, however it is still a pretty neat advert and the music if nothing else can evoke driving emotion in you.

Surfer

The Lord of the rings

Another page in the book was the art work for the fireworks for the hobbit party. The fireworks create butterfly shapes and and huge dragon towards the end. I hope to have a bash at this in 3d soon. It is here as a reminder for me.


Its funny how the Lord of the rings films seems a little dated now, but it must be coming up to ten years since they were released.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com