Wednesday, December 21, 2011

3D update - Squwarky


It got a little busy at work with handin deadlines approaching before the christmas holidays but here is where little squwarky has got up to. Below is a little evaluation note for me, might not be very interesting to read for anyone else!!


Ok he hasnt got an awful lot further but there has been a lot going on behind the scenes. It has taken me a while to decide whether I would be better off to model the seams or to displacement map them. Then it took me a while to decide how to unwrap him to get the best uvs. I have pelted him at the moment with a split along the belly and straight up through the top of his head which is ok for the seams but for the patchwork texture I think he could do with seperate projections to help avoid the stretching so a whole new set of uvs might be needed, this will also help with creating different shaders for each type of fabric so is probably worth the effort. Then the problem comes with the overlapping uvs which could I suppose be fixed with transparency on the texture but again I think it might be worth remodelling the bird around where the seams will be. I think his head needs to look more seperate and I would like it to be able to turn without stretching the neck and I think the same should go for the wings. Not sure about the tail yet but the seams are not working as it is. Colour wise I just really quickly put together some patterns but looking at him the only ones that really go are those on his head. I could go on but I think that is enough for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com