Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tv Advert Audi Hummingbird


This is the Audi advert Kat showed me the other week and I saw it on telly for the first time the other day. It is so beautifully done and I love the concept behind it. This is the kind of thing I like to do, one kind of object representing another to create a visual metaphoric symbolic contrast thingy ha ha does that even make sense? I love the fox gloves above and the field of yellow pedestrian crossing lights. Nature and traffic do not go together well which is the beauty of this ad. Triggered a memory of my major project for my degree where I was trying to make a portrait of mother nature by making the figure out of bits of things in nature, a tree trunk for her leg, fish scales on her arm vine hair etc, I debated adding more contrast by making her mechanical in sections, but I got lost in the nature side of it but its an idea I always wanted to explore further. Must find those sketches and post them here to remind me ;)

1 comments:

Katrina said...

I love that advert.

Strange thing is, I hate Audi's.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com